Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Harry Potter Spoilers

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Harry Potter Spoilers

    I agree with you aphrodite but I don't. The majority of movies based on novels don't follow the books that well. I didn't expect Chris Columbus to make Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets to follow the book that much. Alfonso Cuaron directed the Prisoner of Azkaban. I thought it was a great movie but it wasn't very close to the book at all.

    Like I said, the majority of movies based on books don't really follow the books very closely.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Harry Potter Spoilers

    And the 'extra hour' is fine for adults, but when your audience is youth oriented (aka short attention theater) you have to figure out ways to prevent it from being too long. There is also the fact that theaters can't show it as much if its 3.5 hours
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Harry Potter Spoilers

    I think they did okay with the first 3 movies, but the 4th and 5th ones were raped. Thats just all there is too it. As for it needing to be shorter because its youth oriented, most of the people I saw when I went to see it were between 16 and 80 i'd say. I only saw about 10 kids there.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Harry Potter Spoilers

    I was too nosey and had to look at the spoiler websites even though I knew I'd have to read the book too and I'm happy to say the websites are inaccurate =) BTW book 7 is def. my fave thus far I just hope she continues writing...


    My biggest problem with this movie was they spent too much time in the classroom some of that could have been cut and then the death of Black was over in what 2 seconds not a very good dramatic ending, they left out the whole connetion between Neville and Harry which was an important part, no Howlers (sp?), it was the worst movie of all the previous one. Granted this book was a little slower of the others but still....

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2007
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Harry Potter Spoilers

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I hadn't read the spoilers until just now. They couldn't have got it more wrong if they had tried. A few things were right, but the details were all wrong. I refused to look at any spoilers or hints, I wanted to enjoy the last book. It was quite good, I still think three is my favorite, but seven did keep me on the edge of my seat. At one point I wasn't sure I could finish it, so I read the last sentence and told myself that I could finish it. J.K. Rowling gave us characters and a place to challenge our imaginations, and wrote in a way that made us feel what her characters were feeling. That is not easy to do. I hope she keeps writing, even if it isn't Harry Potter. She has a wonderful gift, and I'm glad the rest of us were able to enjoy it.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •